Health Care Facilities
The City of Kawartha Lakes boasts a number of medical centres in communities located in the area including: Bobcaygeon, Coboconk, Fenelon Falls, Kirkfield, Lindsay, and Woodville. Details on each centre are available through our interactive map (just click on each location).
The major health care facility in the City of Kawartha Lakes is Ross Memorial Hospital. Originally founded in 1902, Ross Memorial Hospital has undergone a number of expansions, including a $50 million dollar project which provided for the addition of a number of programs and services and has increased the bed capacity from 156 to 218.
The expansion project included:
- A new complex Continuing Care wing
- A new Rehabilitation Unit including inpatient therapy spaces
- A new Palliative Care wing featuring family spaces and individual rooms
- A new Mental Health Unit with inpatient and day programs (Schedule 1 Facility as of May 2006 with psychiatric ICU)
- A new Ambulatory Care Unit for out patient procedures
- An Emergency Department doubled in size with 29 observation beds and 2 trauma rooms
- A new suite for the CT Scanner
- Additional medical inpatient beds
- Expanded and renovated public and staff spaces such as the main lobby, cafeteria, gift shop and café
Ross Memorial also features an 8 bed ICU, 8 operation rooms (general surgery, endoscopy, orthopedics, gynecology and cysto), 11 obstetrical beds (8 LDRP), 15 chair dialysis unit, and onsite community counseling and nuclear medicine. MRI services have been approved and fundraising for the equipment is underway.